Something else I do to let everyone know how happy I am is what my foster mom calls my Happy Howl. I usually do this with a toy stuffed in my mouth when I want everyone to gather in the family room. I sure am cute. I really do love all the attention I'm getting. When my soft, squishy ears are rubbed its like getting a massage and my whole body relaxes. Where have these people been all my life?!
Another thing I love about living inside is that everything is so soft. I no longer sleep on a hard surface and the callouses on my elbows, knees and chest are softening. My foster mom thinks I'm adorable but says I'll be a beautiful girl once I'm no longer a red head. My hair is bleached from spending so much time in the sun over the past few years. She keeps saying how pretty I'll be when my hair grows in nice and dark brown. I still like to bask in the sun so hopefully she's right:). And i haven't had an accident in the house in days. I told you this housebreaking was a snap! Frequent trips outside help a lot and my foster mom & dad finally understand me & know when I'm trying to tell them I have to go!!
There's a few other things I should mention about me. I respect the 4 ft chain link fence here, although I'd love to get the chance to explore the other side. There's deer, dogs and other critters I'm really interested in but this fence helps me stay put. I'm also learning to wait for an OK before darting through the door or gate. And I don't mind getting my feet cleaned off with a towel too much anymore when I come in from a muddy romp outside. I like leash walks but must admit that I pull most of the time. But then again I never met a GSP that didn't:). We can't help it, there's so much to explore!! Foster mom says with a little leash training I'll be pretty good on leash walks. I also like riding in the car which I do in a crate to keep me safe. I hardly make a peep & settle right in for the ride.
Well, I think that's all for now. Its been a long, fun day of playing, running, chewing and squeaking, and I'm sleepy. Time to curl up in the cozy dog bed and have happy doggie dreams.

No comments:
Post a Comment